Everyone loves a Brownie it seems, and when I mentioned that I had made these particular ones on Twitter last night, lots of people asked for the Recipe – so here you are! I used the Paul Hollywood basic recipe.
Makes 16/Prep 30 mins/Bake 25-30 mins
1 110g packet Aero mint bubbles – these need to be put in the freezer for at least 24 hours before you make this recipe.
100g unsalted butter, cubed
200g chocolate – I used half dark and half milk
4 medium eggs
1tsp peppermint essence
250g caster sugar – I used half white and half golden
100g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
30g Cocoa powder or hot chocolate – depending on how dark you want it to taste
1) Heat your oven to 180 degrees C. Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking parchment
2) Put the butter and chocolate into a heatproof bowl and melt together over a pan of simmering water. when melted, put to one side to cool.
3) Whisk together the eggs and sugar until the mixture is pale and thickens slightly.
4) Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the whisked egg mixture.
5) Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa together then add to the mixture. Add the peppermint essence and stir.
6) Put the Aero Bubbles into the mixture and gently fold into the mixture. .
7) Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin, making sure the Bubbles are distributed well.
8) Bake for 25-30 mins until they have a nice crust but are still squidgy in the middle, then allow to cool.
When you cut them – I always Use a pizza cutter while they are still warm and in the tin – they smell wonderful and you can see the green Aero bubbles – pretty!
There you go! Not difficult, but taste lovely! You could of course use the Orange bubbles and a bit of orange essence instead – equally as delicious!
Note: I made these again today 23/01/2016 using Ferrero Rochers and they worked well too.