I don’t really do resolutions and I know we are almost halfway through January, but I’ve decided I need to have some goals for this year to keep my head from turning to porridge! I’ve mostly chosen 12 of each – one for each month of the year, obviously!
1) Read – I’ve already set a target on Goodreads to read 12 books this year. Last year’s was a washout because I got stuck reading a Classic that I really didn’t like and just couldn’t get past it.
2) Craft – in honoured my newly finished Sewing Room I want to make 12 items this year. I already have 3 in mind, so that’s a good start.
3) Cook – I’m going to try 12 recipes from the many Foreign cookbooks I have that I’ve been meaning to make and never got round to.
4) Bake – Again, one recipe each month for a technique/recipe that’s a bit out of my comfort zone to expand my knowledge.
5) Visit – There are so many places on this fab island of ours that I’ve never been to, so I’m hoping to choose 6 in the next year, hopefully to include Wales, Scotland and possibly even Ireland!
6) Skill – I really like those wavey, ripple crochet blankets – if I start to learn how to do that now it could possibly be my final craft item for the end of the year, right?
Addendum. I’ve been reminded that we have a piano in our dining room and I need to restart learning how to play it!
So that’s it. I’ll try and update my progress at the end of each month, so that’s 12 blogposts sorted out too!